1 Which Liverpool Church has stained glass windows by William Morris?
2 The painting ‘The Anatomy Lesson of Dr Nicolaes Tulp’ is the work of which Dutch artist?
Who painted Girl by window?
4 Which four letter word beginning with W describes, in weaving, the crosswise threads on a loom, over and under which the warp are passed to make cloth?
|Which Glasgow-based sculptor, whose works include artificial trees and a leaning litter bin, won the 2011 Turner Prize?|
6 What is the nickname of Thierry Guetta, the French-born street- artist?
7 Name this art genre?
8 Where was this amazing Pink edifice constructed?
7 We know Marc Chagall as a painter, he was also a wonderful glass artist. Where in Britain would you find this wonderful window??
9 Who created this sculpture and what it’s title? 10 who are these two lovely ladies??
How lovely are these little gems posted all over Lydiate?
Whoever is making them you are the Banksy of the wool world.
Thank you. It makes us all smile. x
La route après la pluieTranslate the title by Edouard Leon Cortes
2 Who is sporting this moustache?3 What do you get if you mix Red and Black paint?4 Who did the art work for this famous bear?5 What is the most famous piece of Byzantine architecture ?6 Which French artist did the Turban?7Which modern artist did this best friends? if you viewed Whitewall email , I sent you have it.8 Which graffiti artist did this Girl with balloon?9 What type of medium is used to produce this very Spooky Merlin?10Are you able to remember this Giant Father Christmas ? if so Where was it located in Liverpool city centre?
- Egon Schiele
- Alfred Kubin
- Gustav Klimt
- Friedensreich Hundertwasser
1. Graffiti comes from the Italian word graffiato. What does graffiato mean?
2. Which American painter is best known for his paintings depicting the rural
American Midwest, particularly American Gothic?
(a) Edward Hopper, (b) Daniel Clowes, (c) Grant Wood, (d) Bill Watterson
3. To which Renaissance artist is Salvator Mundi, which sold for $450,300,000
at Christies in New York in 2017, usually attributed?
4. One of the most famous images of the French Revolution was painted by
Jacques-Louis David in 1793. It depicts the assassination of the revolutionary
journalist Jean-Paul _______, by Charlotte Corday. It has been described as the
first moderistic painting for “the way it took the stuff of politics as its material,
and did not transmute it
5 Which Impressionist spent 7 years on The Bathers, yet still considered it
unfinished when he died in 1906?
6. Which pointillist painted the large canvas (79 inches x 118 inches)
Bathers at Asnieres in 1884, depicting a placid suburban scene by
the River Seine?
For a bonus mark, in which famous capital city gallery would you be able to
7. Which famous photographer / singer snapped The Beatles at Brian Epstein’s house
in Belgravia at the launch of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band in 1967?
8. Vincent Van Gogh painted Starry Night in 1889 in St-Remy-de-Provence, but
from what type of building was he staying at the time?
9. The Yellow Christ and The Green Christ are two key works of Symbolism in
painting. Which French painter produced them in 1899?
10. In which city would you find the Ashmolean Museum?
8 What does the term scumbling in art mean?