- Membership renewals here
- BBC ‘Ideas’ here
- Eradicating a killer disease and COVID
- U3A Central – November Newsletter
- COVID not for kids
- U3A survey here
- Arecibo to close
- The hunt for patient zero
- Restaurants – COVID hi risk?
- Dirty gas v dirty coal!
- Climate change and humidity
- Hyperloop news
- First vacuum train
- Law For Fun – Mitting inquiry
- 31,000 edible plants
- Friday ‘quiz night’ to resume
- Fossil footprints – a long trek
- Allotment comeback
- Remote learning isn’t new !
- La Nina on the horizon
- Soy sauce in a pickle?
- Hornby steams ahead
- “Deadly” Corona virus
- Always listen to your mum?
- Recycling hazards
- U3A Central – Events
- Open PDFs in Windows
- Nature during Covid
- Epidemic to Endemic !
- Who was Mary Anning
- PayPal issue here
- Chernobyl – Fallout 30
- Scarlet fever comeback
- Covid ‘antigen’ tests
- Covid on surfaces
- new nose for ‘comic relief‘
- Beirut blast report
- UK corona virus scams warning
- ‘long’ Covid symptoms
- $M23 NASA ‘dunny‘
- ‘left handed’ genetics
- October ‘maxi moon‘
- New docks from old rope
- Changing a light bulb
- Sniffing out forgotten flora
- Eradicating ‘dengue’ fever
- How do pandemics end?
- Covid safe dancing
- Windows 10 – Privacy options
- schools and Covid misinformation here
- Novichok and other nerve agents
- 5 ways to avoid Covid indoors
- Photos from 1963 ‘big freeze’
- Why do we get thunderstorms in summer
- U3A abstract photos
- U3A ham radio event
- Delightful dahlias
- Ammonium nitrate and Beirut
- All our yesterdays? – Asian Flu
- WAMOT – walk a mile or two
- Moon, Jupiter and Saturn align
- Stonehenge latest
- WHO – no silver bullet
- Government ‘eat out to help’ scheme here (50% discount)
- Sneeze video here ..
- Face mask myths busted
- Group risk assessment and what we can do?
- Tech+S – Covid update
- Ramblers plan ramble July 2
- Latest Art Appreciation quiz here
- Tech and science latest
- Digital cameras – some nice images here Flowers
- Corona virus – what went wrong with tracing app!
- Friday night quiz from 7.30
- Free sudoku puzzles here
- U3A creative writing competition
- Computer group offers Help
- Walk with a buddy
- Virtual U3A in Ormskirk
- poems for lockdown. can you contribute?
- online activities listed
- Free Ancestry.co.uk via the library here
- .GOV – Covid 19 ‘traffic light’ Alert Levels
- John Dillworth strikes back in latest Law for fun
- .Gov – Staying alert and social distancing
- U3A – Friends against scams
- Law for Fun latest here
- Another serious warning about FRAUD.
- Digital cameras – Landscape posted. May 18 is Winter
- Don’t forget the Friday night quiz on here from 7.30 pm
- A query from abroad. Can anyone help please?
- supplies from MCA – 10.00 am till 1.30 pm or until supplies run out
- 9 ways to build a wildlife friendly garden.
- Bluebells – take the tour here.
- Corona virus.Gov – Cybercrime warning
- Another Law for Fun from John Dilworth here
- BBC – Horizon has some excellent Covid virus reporting here.
- Some very moving poetry from Max Boyce
Practical gardening’s WhatsApp group are having a ‘before and after’ competition. Are you in the process of a garden refurb? Why not take a few snaps and submit them? Not on WhatsApp? Use your smart phone or computer to signup for FREE. If you need IT help then contact the Computer group 🙂
Some ‘wise’ words on the current situation.
1. You can’t leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.
2. Masks are useless. But they will protect you. They can save you, no they can’t, they’re useless, but wear one anyway … Read more here 🙂
Sunshine tea rooms , in Ince Blundell, have meals for home delivery – 0151 234 1985.
Writer Against Covid WAC may be of interest to budding writers?
Poetry Generation is here
Psychology pep talks? These from John Dilworth
Morrisons are doing ‘door step delivery‘ for the elderly. The number is 0345 611 6111
Any ‘snippets please? email to email@example.com
“Maghull and Lydiate U3A do not endorse any business or service included on this site and strongly recommend you ask for references, written quotations, etc. before parting with any cash or using any services.”